Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: New Connections

This is my first time with Ten Things of Thankful. I am humbled by Lizzy’s invite and endeavor to join this beautiful gratitude charge.

1. I am thankful for quiet. Ace is visiting his girlfriend up north. Zaney is teching a school production of The Important Of Being Ernest. Counting Mutant took Pumpkin to see Ender’s Game. I am alone with sleeping dogs.

2. I am thankful for logic. The last few days my brain fog has decided to visit. Tonight I got lost on the way to my sister’s house. After I laughed at how silly I am, I took a breath, looked at the school in front of me, ran through the school colors of our town and figured out where I was. Logic keeps panic away.

3. I am thankful for cold. After six months of above 90F/32C I am glad to shiver a little.

4. I am thankful for dogs.

5. I am thankful for new nail color. My toes and fingers look so pretty today. Just what my mood needed.

6. I am thankful for food. Lasagna and a glass of wine is waiting for me. I have no idea why I have procrastinated their consumption.

7. I am thankful for tears. They clean the windows of my soul and God collects each one in a bottle. Even they are precious to him.

8. I am thankful for Jimmy Fallon and his self deprecating humor.


9. I am thankful for twitter. It is a constant stream of validation and friendships filled with people I will probably never meet.


10. I am thankful for reconnecting. Ran into a friend this week and had a lovely chat. She was a huge support when the boys were being bullied about dance in the Bible Study group. I will forever be in her debt.

Ten Things of Thankful

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my word. That video of Jimmy Fallon was hilarious! It is even funnier, because my youngest has decided that war is the best game on the planet. I find it to be horribly boring. THIS could make things interesting.
    Welcome to the TToT! I so enjoy going around reading of all the things making people happy each week.
    While I will never be thankful for cold, I'm glad you are finding some use for it. :)
    The getting lost on your way to your sister's had to be a bit scary. I'm glad you could get yourself together to figure it out.
    Hopefully, you have enjoyed that lasagna and glass of wine by now. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The lasagna and wine were perfect after I had to walk the dachshund and basset hound- but that is another post.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh but before I sleep, I couldn't resist coming over to see this. It's really lovely - an excellent first TToT entry.

    I'm so glad that the fog has lifted for you, and that you've found a way to be thankful for tears. I've heard that bottle story before...I like it. I think.

    Your lasagna, wine and peace and quiet sound amazing. I hope you thoroughly enjoy them :)

    Thank you for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome welcome welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join us! This was a fabulous list! I plan on going back when I'm on my computer right now I'm on this ridiculous Android thing in can't see Jimmy Fallon who I am certain is hysterical because I love him so much! But it sounds like you had a great week despite foggy and cold and getting lost. But there's always lasagna and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I knew this sounded familiar I must've read this when I was in a half stupor last night going to bed because I think this is my second comment. Now that's one heck of a list if it warrents two comments from the same person

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very thankful for the joy and positive difference dogs make to our lives too! Thanks for sharing this awesome list with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Allow me to add my), Welcome to the TToT

    even in the everything is amazing world of the internet, this bloghop is quite remarkable! It has all of the incredible benefit of space-defying connections that the internet possesses but there is an element of human warmth among the people who participate in the-blgohop-that-Lizzi-created that is truly remarkable.
    nice place to visit on weekends, glad to see you here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the TToT! So glad you joined us this week and brought such a fabulous list with you to our hop!

    Jimmy Fallon makes me feel like a 15 year old boy, because I find things like the water war hysterically funny!

    I've driven across town before and not known how I got there, because I was so lost in thought that I didn't remember driving there. It's a good thing it's not a very big town!

    I am not thankful for the cold, because I hate it. I don't like it super hot, either, but I refuse to complain about it when I hate the cold so much.

    I do hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the lily pad.