Saturday, November 9, 2013
Ten Things of Thankful: New Connections
This is my first time with Ten Things of Thankful. I am humbled by Lizzy’s invite and endeavor to join this beautiful gratitude charge.
1. I am thankful for quiet. Ace is visiting his girlfriend up north. Zaney is teching a school production of The Important Of Being Ernest. Counting Mutant took Pumpkin to see Ender’s Game. I am alone with sleeping dogs.
2. I am thankful for logic. The last few days my brain fog has decided to visit. Tonight I got lost on the way to my sister’s house. After I laughed at how silly I am, I took a breath, looked at the school in front of me, ran through the school colors of our town and figured out where I was. Logic keeps panic away.
3. I am thankful for cold. After six months of above 90F/32C I am glad to shiver a little.
4. I am thankful for dogs.
5. I am thankful for new nail color. My toes and fingers look so pretty today. Just what my mood needed.
6. I am thankful for food. Lasagna and a glass of wine is waiting for me. I have no idea why I have procrastinated their consumption.
7. I am thankful for tears. They clean the windows of my soul and God collects each one in a bottle. Even they are precious to him.
8. I am thankful for Jimmy Fallon and his self deprecating humor.
9. I am thankful for twitter. It is a constant stream of validation and friendships filled with people I will probably never meet.
10. I am thankful for reconnecting. Ran into a friend this week and had a lovely chat. She was a huge support when the boys were being bullied about dance in the Bible Study group. I will forever be in her debt.