Saturday, November 16, 2013
Ten Things of Thankful
1. Tears- After years of listening to my heart ache and struggle to heal, it finally gained some perspective. Healing tears flowed this week as I walked through my own frailties. The holidays look a little less daunting.
2. About Time- Saw this film with a friend last week. I laughed and cried. The music is divine.
3. Dr. St. Amand and the Guaifenesin Protocol- Seven years ago, I was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It is a quirky disease. Fatigue and I have battled since childhood. A friend hijacked my life and took me to him because she was convinced I had it. Counting Mutant read his book and agreed. I started September, 2007 looking like this (the dots are the lumps and bumps within my muscle structure):
For the last year and a half, healing seemed to stagnate. Not getting better, but not really getting worse. In the spring I re-evaluated some other medications I was taking. Yesterday I had my appointment and now I look like this:
Healing is happening. I was about to give up. I am so happy I didn’t. AND I am so grateful to the friend who kidnapped me and MADE me go.
4. Mistakes- Went to
Santa Monica yesterday for
some girl time with GirlyK. Our favorite is to hit the Goodwill thrift shop and
then visit Tiffany’s. Somehow it just touches every surface of reality. I leave
feeling full. Yesterday the mission was a pink sweater. I found two: one
perfect and one dreamy, both six dollars. I tried the dreamy one on three or
four times, then put it back.
Why? Because it was too perfect. Too beautiful. Holy Spirit urging me that it was God’s blessing for me. He provided it. Yet, my little faith put it back on the rack and walked away knowing I would regret it.
Why does this make me thankful? Because God still loves me. He provides abundantly even when I am not looking for it. In accepting my mistake, I accept the lesson. Next time when that Still Small Voice speaks, I will run in confident obedience. No questions asked.
5. Panini and a sidewalk café- Each time I meander
Santa Monica, I walk by Caffe Bellagio, right at Santa Monica and Third Street Promenade. Yesterday, after the sweater fiasco, I stopped in. The service was
fantastic. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was divine.
6. Gelato- what else is there to say?
7. A clean car- The planets aligned and I was able to wash and vacuum my car. Miracles do happen.
8. Jennifer Lawrence talks about girls and body issues. Love the body you have.
9. Micah J. Murray and satire- How Feminism Hurts Men. It is so liberating when a man lobbies for equality for women. Read it!
10. Fall has finally come- The trees turning into their brilliant yellows and golds before. Driving around this Central Valley town where the smog of
comes to rest, the brilliant colors of autumn break the brown monotony. For a
few weeks, the sky stays brilliant blue. breathing in beautiful clean air while