But Thankfuls need to be done, so I press on.
1. Medium- My PMDD’s been a pretty ugly beast this week. Like clockwork at 3:00 my chest tightens, pulse races and I have the sudden urge to find a hole to crawl into. Thanks to yoga, it’s been manageable. I was able to recognize when a emotions could erupt and I shut myself down. Deep centering breaths and reminders that nothing is really wrong, just my hormones. In a few days, all will be right again.
2. Monday and Tuesday- were clear as it comes to the schedule. Blissfully I was able to organize my charts and plan for Lent. Remembering the focus was Gentle, I made a simple schedule for an Upward Focus, Inward Focus and Outward Focus. Now that the fun of organizing is complete, the hard part is following it.
|Photo taken by RoganJosh|
4. Moving on-Sadly last week I had to let it go. It had become a burden to go. GirlyK and I are the only ones who attend now and for different reasons we’ve struggled. Trying to make it work for so long it seemed a well that has dried up. It was time for us to look for a different place of community. I woke up Wednesday feeling refreshed and not dreading the day.
5. New possibilities-In letting go of the bible study, I am opening a new window. Leaving our last church was hard and we all feel a bit crispy around the edges when it comes to committing to another. There is one, liturgical style church we have all felt comfortable going to. Each time we brave a service, we all walk away feeling refreshed. In this season of Lent, I am curious to understand their approach to the season.
6. Ash Wednesday- So, Counting Mutant, GirlyK and I attended an Ash Wednesday service. Complete with a choir and pipe organ, my eyes leaked off and on during the service. It was beautiful and humbling. I even signed up for the church’s email devotionals.
|This is from last year. I need to snap some pics of that kid.|
“I came home to eat. I haven’t eaten since yesterday morning because I don’t know what to do.”
Yes, as a kid I took him grocery shopping. I’d split the list and each kid would gather their things. We would use the cart for math problems.
This time, he wasn’t helping me shop. He needed to fill his own fridge. He wasn’t helping me with dinner; he needed to cook for just himself.
8. Grocery Shopping- On Wednesday, he and I met and went grocery shopping together. As we meandered through the isles, I taught him out how to shop for 1: looking at expiration dates. How to keep a loaf of bread fresh. How much meat to buy. Being a part of his growing up takes my breath away.
|Look at that angelic face!|
9. Zany turned 18 on Friday- and had his own melt down about it. Realizing it means he officially is a MAN! No more kid stuff. The nest is opening and I am grateful to watch them begin to navigate this big world while being a safe place for them to land. Even if it is only for a little while longer.
|Did you know there was a Blonde Tarantula?|
Now she wants one.
I however am not convinced.
What wild and random things are you grateful for this week?