Each Friday I sit down to write my Thankfuls. Just as a thought formulates, someone needs something and off I run. Then somehow it is Sunday and I’m too tired. Too drained.
But today, I tried something different. I read some of yours first and was infused with words. So… here I go, to jump on the bandwagon. OF course late to the party.
1. Writing: As with most people, I have a long and sordid tale of woe. Last week I had lunch with a family member, but this time it was different somehow. So I am honoring her request. Unfortunately for clarity, I need to tell someone the story in order to have a clear head while pressing forward. I’ve found a platform where I can tell my story without making things more complicated.
2. Re-Doing: The boys’ room is done-new coat of paint and loft beds made by themselves and Mutant. They spent two weeks plotting and working together. Now the boys just need to clean and organize it all.
|Love watching the three boys working together|
|Girly wanted to help with the installation|
|They really are men, just wearing boy faces in the new beds|
3. I have very small faith when it comes to miracles. I struggle even more when asked to pray for one. Yet, I did. So, with Zany putting his foot into a bucket of ice on a regular basis, therapy, Nutcracker is still a GO.
4. Ase: is walking through turning 20. All the questions, life re-evaluations and growing up is hard. I am humbled and grateful that he talks to me about it. It is a privilege to mature our relationship from parent/child to adult/adult.
5. Girly is doing well attending classes at our homeschool’s affiliated private school. She is getting the concepts and doing ok on the testing of them. To my quiet glee, she is even making “friends.”
6. Counting Mutant: This week I had breakfast with a family member as a part of the requested reconciliation. The conversation went as expected: accusation, feelings are reality, my logical defense, and then accord. In unpacking it with Mutant he was able to synonym a few of the accusations. The next conversation I can be better equipped to validate feelings whilst communicating my own perspective.
|Mutant posted this on my Book of Face wall|
7. A good book: Now that summer is over, all of my cognitive pistons are firing on all cylinders, I can read again. I picked up Jesus Feminist this week. The deep love Sara Bessey communicates is a deep validating balm to my soul.
8. The Weekly Awesome: By Girly’s hero, Sara-with no h cause hs are EWWW!
10 LIZZI: Wading through the hangover of strong emotions from breakfast the day before, I went out. Girly needed to use a birthday giftcard anyway. SO what do you do when you need girlfriend time and she lives across the Pond? Flood instagram with hatted selfies of course.
|We liked this one|
|Not a fan of this one.|