Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ten Things Of Thankful #69

Ten Things of Thankful

Each Friday I sit down to write my Thankfuls. Just as a thought formulates, someone needs something and off I run. Then somehow it is Sunday and I’m too tired. Too drained.

But today, I tried something different. I read some of yours first and was infused with words. So… here I go, to jump on the bandwagon. OF course late to the party.

1. Writing: As with most people, I have a long and sordid tale of woe. Last week I had lunch with a family member, but this time it was different somehow. So I am honoring her request. Unfortunately for clarity, I need to tell someone the story in order to have a clear head while pressing forward. I’ve found a platform where I can tell my story without making things more complicated.

2. Re-Doing: The boys’ room is done-new coat of paint and loft beds made by themselves and Mutant. They spent two weeks plotting and working together. Now the boys just need to clean and organize it all.

Love watching the three boys working together

Girly wanted to help with the installation 
They really are men, just wearing boy faces in the new beds

2. Zany: THAT boy continues to stretch my faith, patience, character and all the boundaries of reality. While putting on some finishing touches, he fell three feet, caught his foot and landed on his ankle bone. We’re only six weeks away from Nutcracker. After x-rays and an MRI, there is NO damage. His ankle bone only has a small bruise.

3. I have very small faith when it comes to miracles. I struggle even more when asked to pray for one. Yet, I did. So, with Zany putting his foot into a bucket of ice on a regular basis, therapy, Nutcracker is still a GO.

4. Ase: is walking through turning 20. All the questions, life re-evaluations and growing up is hard. I am humbled and grateful that he talks to me about it. It is a privilege to mature our relationship from parent/child to adult/adult.

5. Girly is doing well attending classes at our homeschool’s affiliated private school. She is getting the concepts and doing ok on the testing of them. To my quiet glee, she is even making “friends.”

6. Counting Mutant: This week I had breakfast with a family member as a part of the requested reconciliation. The conversation went as expected: accusation, feelings are reality, my logical defense, and then accord. In unpacking it with Mutant he was able to synonym a few of the accusations. The next conversation I can be better equipped to validate feelings whilst communicating my own perspective.

Mutant posted this on my Book of Face wall

7. A good book: Now that summer is over, all of my cognitive pistons are firing on all cylinders, I can read again. I picked up Jesus Feminist this week. The deep love Sara Bessey communicates is a deep validating balm to my soul.


8. The Weekly Awesome: By Girly’s hero, Sara-with no h cause hs are EWWW!


9. HATS


10 LIZZI: Wading through the hangover of strong emotions from breakfast the day before, I went out. Girly needed to use a birthday giftcard anyway. SO what do you do when you need girlfriend time and she lives across the Pond? Flood instagram with hatted selfies of course.

We liked this one 

Not a fan of this one.
I’m going back today. I wasn’t able to finish trying on all the amazing hats with Lizzi because Girly didn’t have her giftcard. Instagram should brace itself.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh going hat shopping with you and Girlie was SO MUCH FUN! I loved it! I loved joining in, and I cannot WAIT for Tiara shopping. And I wonder what I'll do to join in then :D

    I'm so glad the fall wasn't too bad, and that the Nutcracker can still go ahead! Ouf!

    Love the family-project feel of the bed-building. What fun they all had together :)

    YAY YOU MADE IT IN :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet Lizzi! I think of you every Friday, cheering me on. You were good therapy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of the hats. My head is huge to begin with. Then I have exceedingly thick, curly hair. No hats ever fit me, but you wear them well.~May at Achieving Clarity

    ReplyDelete
  4. The loft beds are marvelous! I bet they feel like they are at camp when they go to bed! I'm glad Zany didn't get seriously injured when he fell.

    I love hats, but I have trouble finding any I look good in because (a) I have a big head AND a lot of hair and (b) I look like Gomer Pyle in most hats anyway, especially ball caps. You look very cute in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah (to the excellence of building beds)…though when I first saw the photo, I thought… 'are they building Noah's Ark?'
    good to hear that what could have been worse….wasn't

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh don't get me started on renos...I'm still shaking like a leaf in the corner of my basement. It was a nightmare!!
    But onwards with the Nutcracker (and why did I just giggle when I typed that? I'm so immature).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the lily pad.