|Photo credit goes to Girly.|
Saturday, January 31, 2015
In the Quiet or Ten Things of Thankful #85
Those moments when there are too many words yet not enough?
This is me… practicing gratitudes.
1. Clean food: I am so grateful to have a fall back system in place when my food choices get on the junk food side. Shame set in its’ proper place, and gently eating what is healthy is the best reboot. The first 16 days went very well. My Fibro was calming down. I added a yoga class to the workout regime.
2. A curve ball. My Grandmother died on the 16th. I will be writing more about it this week. Of course it set all the bells and whistles blaring. In having good boundaries in place I was able to navigate the next week eating what I could. It wasn’t clean but it was consistent. I didn’t project feelings as they came I owned them. When PTSD raised its’ head I had the words to comfort it and ride out the storm.
3. A funeral: It was the end of an era.
4. Fog: Here in the Central Valley, we don’t get snow or freezing temperatures. On occasion we will have rain, but mostly we have fog. An inversion of clouds fills up the center of California and it sits there. This blanket of gray flows to the ground at night, then recedes into the sky during the day. Like a theater curtain. Usually it makes me feel like I am suffocating, but at this moment I am just letting it blur the edges. The outside matches the inside.
5 The boys are back in school: They are attending classes AT their respective schools. Both come home happy and with stories of the outside world. It is nice to see some traction happening.
6. A play: Walking away from dance was hard for Ase. Starting over always is. For the last many months he was convinced to never step on a stage again. He thought it would be too painful. Then came along Me And My Gal from a local theater company. Out came the tap and jazz shoes. It is the perfect healing place for him. He said, “I can see myself doing things like this once in a while.”
7. An Anniversary: Mutant and I married 25 years ago this week. I wrote about ithere. You know the clichés: it’s hard work… it wasn’t easy… but I am glad that somehow we’ve made it this far.
AND I got some pretty flowers in a silver vase. Iris is the flower for 25 years Mutant says.
8. A Craft Day: This time we made terrariums. I’ve wanted to do it for a while and since it is my last year I threw caution to the wind. The kids loved them and our discussion about the water cycle was fascinating.
9. In-N-Out: I’ll let Anthony Bourdain explain. I order mine Animal Style, Protein Style.
10. Little things: Libraries, movies with great sound tracks, sunshine, and a new bright shiny week.