Hey, look! Two weeks in a row of Thankfuls. It is nice to have the words. Feel room within my soul to weave them together and join in the chorus of Gratitude.
1. Interwebs: I’m a bit of a quirky person. Finding people to play with, talk with and simply walk life alongside can be a tricky thing. I’m grateful for people like Lizzi, an ocean away and eight hours in my future. She was right there, my imaginary-glitter infused-friend filling the store with giggles. Girly and I tried on all the hats. Took all the pictures. The burdens within my soul lightened a bit.
2. Friends: I’ve needed some compassion, validation and perspective this week. I am grateful for the laughter and love given to me this week. Shaking their heads at the stories, they say to me, “You can’t win.”
3. Murky things: Navigating through the request made of me by Parentals, I am working at honoring it. Understanding that winning is not possible, the next question is how to navigate the now. The process has me walking through some painful scars in order to find a medium. The whole process takes patience. Which leads me to Watson waiting for me to take a walk: he is the picture of patience.
4. Boundaries: Often are elusive to me. As an Extrovert who LOVES all the people, I can get caught up in the fun and forget about my needs. A friend gave me a game plan to use in a particularly foggy relationship. It worked beautifully.
5. Dogs-Sometimes a nap outside fixes everything.
6. Community service-Girly chose to participate in our area’s Juvenile Diabetes Walk for her community service project this month. She’s excited. If you are interested in supporting her follow this link.
7. Weather maps: *snark font* I’m beginning to think Mother Nature has something against California. A whole week’s worth of rain and all we get is a windstorm as it swirls around us.
|US National Weather Service Hanford California|
8. Little Girls: They grow up. This Girly fills my heart with joy. Keeps me humble and got a hair cut this week. The boys are not quite sure what to do with her.
9. Science Fair reprieve: In Girly’s head she doesn’t have to do one this year. BUT I think she should. I have to thank Jimmy Fallon for giving her this brilliant idea that Ase and Zany cannot wait to help her with. At lunch yesterday the Three were discussing PSI formulas, density, weight, circumference with ALL the sparkles of mischief in their eyes. All I have to do is buy the craft supplies for the board.
10. Growing Pains: Ase and Zany are walking through all the growing pains of early college. Discouragement, mistakes and failures were discussed this week. I am SO grateful that they still want me involved. It is a privilege to be a part of this season with them.