1. Counting Mutant is on the mend- He has diverticulitis and it flared up. This time was different-it presented as appendicitis. So, he spent 33 hours in the hospital, with IV antibiotics. It was an adventure and I am very grateful it is over.
2. Normal- Monday everyone went to work/school. GirlyK and I had the WHOLE house to ourselves. In the calm quiet, I cleaned and she got all of her school work done.
3. Taco Tuesday- Had an actual date with Counting Mutant and devoured this fantastic Chipotle Taco Salad. The night was made even better when he bought me a new printer.
4. Revolving Nest- Some of my friends are dealing with an emptying nest. Others have an open nest. I feel like mine has a revolving door. Counting Mutant, Ase and Zany pass through at all hours of the day. I really am grateful they all like being around.
5. Gentle Lent- With all the kerfuffle from the past two weeks, I had to remind myself that being gentle with myself was key. This was not a Lent of law and works, but of GRACE. In spite of all the stress, my food has stayed clean. Devotions done and Lenten Cleaning is on course.
6. Yoga-I was able to go this week. In that quiet Restorative hour and a half, I was able to capture anxious thoughts. It has been the best lesson of “Quiet Time” with God. I am finally able to “Be still and know that God is God.”
7. Science- Spring has sprung and we are climbing into the 80*s. There was sweat involved. GirlyK’s caterpillars went into their chrysalis this week. Ladybugs did too. She spent the day watching them crawl up and settle into their spots. It never gets old for her.
8. Friends- Coffee with my great friends this week. It is a scheduled thing: Kathy on Wednesdays and Fridays. Jeannie on Thursdays. Within this season of transition they are this extroverts oasis!
9. Lipsync- GirlyK and I just finished filling our basket and stood in line at market last night when Boston’s “More Than A Feeling” came on. Silliness overtook us and the lip sync/air guitar battle was on. I am grateful my 13yo can be a public idiot with her mother.
10. Dogs- It has been a few weeks since my last dog photo and it is long overdue. Many days this week, the only thing I successfully did was walk them. Watson is happiest when he gets out of the house about four times a day. Without his need, I would not be SO healthy.